04 December 2009

Insights on False Healers

Every once in a while I run into a false healer. And the reason I know they are is:
  • Thou dost protest too much (thanks Shakespeare)
  • They weave stories that inflate themselves to boost there ego
  • They drive around with a white turban in a brand new Lincoln SUV
I was inspired by Johnathan Mead's Illuminated Mind Blog that discusses,

The Number One Self-Development Mistake, And The Fake Growth Addict

This article talks about real growth and fake growth in a person's life, basically if it authentic or not. It's like trying to forcibly change ourselves for self improvement. Real growth is encouraging ourselves to naturally acquiesce to eudaimonia, or actualizing our inner desires.

When I run into folks whose principles don't match their actions and life, false healers, I guess I could find in myself that inner voice that feels compassion for these people. They are trying to force an enlightenment on themselves that they haven't earned or experienced. So I can grow, really grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment